Casa Montessori Preschool
The Casa Montessori Preschool program for 2 & 1/2 to 6 years involves a series of activities that are sequential, manipulative, and sensorial. These activities take advantage of the sensitive periods of a child’s development and bridge the gap between concrete and abstract learning. The Casa environment includes five areas: Practical Life, Sensorial, Language, Math and Culture which encompasses zoology, geography, botany, history and science.
The preschool casa classroom …
- Is offered to students 2 & a half to 3 & a half years old at point of entry.
- Is regulated under the Day Nurseries Act with the Ministry of Education.
- Has a teacher to student ratio of 1 to 8.
- Has a mandatory meal program and children must take daily naps.
- All students must be toilet trained and independent in toilet habits.
- Is offered 2,3 or 5 full days and 5 half days in the morning or afternoon.